Thursday, April 13, 2006

Quilting left-overs

Well, before we take off to spend Easter with the in-laws, I thought I'd share a little bit of crafy fun that has been hovering in my corner for quite some time now. I have tonnes of left over fabric from the few quilts that I have made, as well as old jeans and flannel shirts that Harry no longer wears because they were ripped from work. So, here is a little something I came up with by putting them together. It is a fabric notepad holder that holds the paper and pencil and it also features an extra pocket to hold loose papers. Yes, I know. It truly is irresistable - wink wink. But seriously, is there anyone out there who might find this useful? I just wanted to make something small and this is the idea I came up with, I don't know how useful it really will be. But it sure is cute - even if I do need to take some more sewing lessons to learn how to stitch a straight line!






It also gave me the opportunity to use one of my new glass beads as a button. Check it out!



Here is another one I started to work on.




Oh, and in case you are wondering - no, I am not dreading my Easter weekend with the in-laws. In fact I've been looking forward to it for quite awhile now. My in-laws are a hoot and many people will be jealous to hear that I honestly enjoy spending time with them. Yay for me! Ok, gotta go pack now. I have a full weekend of visiting and eating and even knitting ahead of me. Have a wonderful long weekend!

No comments: