Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Magic of Melted Glass

What a fantastic day! Just got back from a beadmaking class that I attended with my friend Kay. We had so much fun - and look at the cool stuff we made! Here are all the beads I made, strung together in all their glory :)



It was so exciting to make glass melt, and then manipulate it in the fire to become something totally new, and wonderful. I have a lot of practicing to do, especially on the dots but I'm really looking forward to that. I've posted a photo of Kay working on her stuff so that you can see what the workstations looked like and how you hold the glass to form the bead. Her and I are both hooked! Just don't put your hand in the flame again, Kay! Ouch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Crafty Crafterson....no more bead making for you unless you can make those candy lookin' things real candy. Some poor sucker...such as myself, may pop one in his mouth and lose a tooth.

mmmmm beads.

Harry