Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Saga of the Sweater

Well, there's no more denying it, this blog is defenitely becoming knitting central. I've wanted to expand this journal to be of all things creative, but it has become clear to me that my obsession for fibre (and we're not talking about bran here!) is taking over. And why should I ignore it? Let the world know that I am a cheesy knitter and I'm proud!






So, to carry on, here is the sweater that has been in progress for over a year now. This is the second sweater that I've attempted to knit by hand. I find these projects so difficult because they require the greatest committment. The yarn for this project has been knitted up 3 other times in a different pattern, but halfway through I decided I didn't like the sweater anymore so I ripped it out and tried another one. This time I'm determined to complete it , whether I'm sick of the pattern or not - just finish it already! I'm very close - except the other day I realized that I messed up the sleeve and now have to pull out most of it. So, one and a half sleeves to go. Sigh - when will it end??

Also, check out my little scarf - it was the quickest project ever. And oh so fluffy :)

No comments: