Sunday, April 06, 2008

This is...

This is my jewelry box. Simple, functional and completely sentimental.
Harry's Uncle Bob from Grand Forks made this for us a couple years back. He and his wife Helen (whom Simone Helen is named after), are the most wonderful, generous folks I have met. Uncle Bob has a quaint little workshop in the backyard where he spends most of his time trying to come up with little projects to make out of scraps and leftover wood he finds around town. I guess you could say he is a "green" woodworker. I am honoured to have this jewelry box, it means a great deal to both Harry and I that we have something made by Bob. Even though I don't have a great deal of jewelry, this box will always have a special place in our home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, this is one of the most beautiful jewellery box I've seen around (such a wonderful gift).

s said...

this is the type of jewelry box I have always wanted but could never justify buying. What a wonderful gift.

Raz said...

I LOVE that you have this jewelry box!! I think BF#2 chucked mine in a dump years ago (so sad!!) as I can't find it anywhere.
Question: did he sign the bottom?

Anonymous said...

I love that your apperciate Uncle Bob's creations. He puts so much love into his work that it is pricless and more beautiful than anything you could find in a store. I love that you use and still have yours. YAY I use mine as well, amd love it.