Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Funkapillis disaster socks



Ok people, here is an example of a project gone horribly, horribly wrong. I call them the funkapillis specials and they must NEVER leave the house...ever! I can't get over how ugly they are! The yarn is just the nastiest combo of primary barf colours I could possibly find. I cannot remember for the life of me why I purchased this yarn in the first place. Seriously, I must have been on something. You can also see that this was a project poorly planned. I ran out of the ugly crayon yarn so I decided to use up this icky halloween orange colour cuz I thought - hey, go crazy or go home. I'm going all the way! The funny thing is that I cannot get rid of them because for however ugly they are, they are just as comfortable. I cannot get over how much cozier hand made socks are compared to mass produced store bought socks. My feet are in heaven - it's a good thing that comfort is blind otherwise I'd have to burn them.




On a more successful note, I finally found some ribbon to complete these baby booties. I've had these things completed for quite some time now, I just kept forgetting to get something to tie them up with. I think I'll give them away to a friend at work who is expecting a baby girl in September. They are so simple and cute - I'm quite pleased how they turned out.

No comments: