Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Finally!

Well, here we are. It's February and I've finally got a few minutes here and there to do something for my creative self. Simone is almost 7 months old now and she is sitting up all on her own! Ok, almost on her own. She teeters back and forth and falls over most of the time, but she manages to sit long enough to examine a new toy, the edge of a blanket or her own hands. It is so fun to watch her play and it is even better to make something with my own free hands at the same time.


Lately I've begun to build a scrapbook for Simone's first year. I've resisted this crafty outlet for a long time simply because I didn't want to add another addiction to my list when I barely have the time to knit a square. But with a new baby I've been given so many fun little stickers, paper and a beautiful scrapbook to fill with pictures of my bubby. I can resist no longer...the scrapbooking has taken over our entire kitchen table. Poor hubby only has a small corner for his laptop and books. Sorry!

Anyways, in the spirit of scrapbooking, I've been inspired to create keepsakes of Simone's favourite toys. I didn't want to just take a picture, and I know I won't save the toys forever. So, I decided to paint little portraits of them. They are so sweet and I'll add them to the scrapbook as soon as I'm done. Here is a peek at 3 I finished over the last couple days. It feels really good to get the watercolours out again! Even if it is only one colour :)

And of course I cannot resist sharing a picture of my little bunny - she makes her mama so proud.




3 comments:

Harry Tournemille said...

Nice work, Sally. I'm plotting a revolution that will help me take back some of the table. Beware.

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice to see you painting again, I love these! (my fav is the one in the middle) Your bubby is adorable, doesn't time fly?

flossy-p said...

Ooh Your little bunny is the cutest of them all :D
And she looks so happy.

Portraits of her favourite toys is the loveliest idea I've ever heard of. How special! And being painted by you will make them ever so special for her when she grows up. I wish I had portraits (or even photo's) of my favourite toys from when I was little.

Also, thanks so much for offering me "if-only" violin lessons. How much fun would that have been. I think I would have definitely taken it up if we could have done that! I'm still thinking about it, although the idea looses a bit of shine when I think of all the other things I try to keep up with, and what a bad job of keeping up I do. heh!

I'll let you know if I end up doing it. :)